बहुकल्पं बहुगुणं संपन्नं योग्यमौषधं ।
A phrase from the Ayurveda describing the qualities of effective medicine.
Ayurveda regards medicine as “effective” if:
- It has the ability to formulate in different dosage forms, like decoction, powder, herbal oil etc, - “Bahukalpa”
- It has enormous and multiple qualities - “Bahuguna”
- It has been endowed with virtues - “ Sampanna”
- It’s suitable and appropriate for specific diseases - “Yogya”
The cannabis plant, also known as Vijaya or victor in Ayurvedic texts, comprises all the 4 elements mentioned in the Artha-Veda for it to be considered as an effective medicine. Let’s see how?
It can be formulated into
- Cannabis Oil: Hemp oil
- Cannabis powder: Hemp protein
- Cannabis whole: Hemp Hearts
It is rich in compounds like:
- All 9 Amino acids ( Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, etc.)
- essential fatty acids ( omega-3, alpha-linolenic acid, omega-6s)
- Vitamins and Minerals (vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium)
In the Vedas, Cannabis is regarded as ‘Vijaya’ or ‘Victor’ meaning ‘The one who conquers.’
It is believed to contain virtuous properties that could alleviate many health imbalances by balancing the humors.
- The THC Compound in Cannabis helps treat chronic insomnia
- The CBD Compound helps in relieving chronic pain
- The hemp seed oil is a powerful antioxidant that helps eliminate free radicals keeping away skin problems & maintain gut & liver health
The Cannabis plant is highly beneficial and comes to use in all forms. Start a journey for a better tomorrow for you and others. Check out the range of hemp products you can get your hands on.