1. What is CBD? What is the difference between CBD & THC?
- CBD and THC are two of the most prominent cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. Both Cannabis and Hemp produce CBD and THC. Both CBD and THC are chemically similar to your body’s endocannabinoids. This allows them to interact with your cannabinoid receptors present in your body namely CB1 and CB2. While CBD is non-pyschoactive, THC on the other hand is psychoactive that induces a “high”. CBD and THC both have medical benefits. Speak with a doctor or a qualified cannabis or CBD clinician before use and if you have any questions.
2. Are there any side effects of using CBD?
- CBD doesn’t have any dangerous side effects when taken in adequate doses. Oral consumption of CBD may result in mild side-effects, like: dry mouth, low blood pressure, light headedness, and drowsiness.
3. How much CBD should I take?
- Unless your doctor recommends a specific dose, start by taking 10 to 20 mg a day. Take this for a week to ensure that it is well-tolerated and that you don't experience any unwanted effects or an allergic reaction. However, we strongly recommend you consult a doctor for the adequate dosage. Don’t have a doctor? Consult our expert doctors Today
4. Is it safe for children & pregnant women too consume CBD?
- Topical CBD is completely safe for pregnant women and children under the age of 18 years to apply. Children and Pregnant women are discouraged however to consume CBD orally.
5. How should I consume CBD?
It is very important to set your dosage. The dosage is determined by various factors. One must consult a specialist before they start consuming CBD. You can also refer to the dosage chart given below.
Consume the oil sublingually, under your tongue. The aftertaste of the oil is mildly bitter and thus some people might not like it. For soothing your palate we recommend you to:
- Have herbal tea
- Eat something sweet
- Have some warm water
6. How soon after I take CBD will I notice a difference?
- All good things take time. You need to give CBD medication one to three weeks at least of regular dosages for you to notice a difference. Your body has to adjust to the new cannabinoid in your system, and it will do so, but it may take some time. It also depends on the individual’s personal biology (height, weight, age, etc.,).
You can check our dosage chart below to see what dosage is right for you. ( per 1000mg concentration)
- CBD is an extract of the Cannabis plant known as ‘Vijaya’ in the ancient Indian scriptures. This Vijaya leaf extract is a part of 191 formulations of medication in the Ayurveda & is sold in India under the AYUSH license. Licensed sale of cannabinoids, including CBD oil and tincture, is permitted in India under the NDPS Act, the Drugs and Cosmetics Act.
8. What is the ECS?
- The endocannabinoid system (ECS) plays a very important role in the human body for our survival. This is due to its ability to play a critical role in maintaining the homeostasis of the human body, which encompasses the brain, endocrine, and immune system, to name a few. ECS is a unique system in multiple dimensions.
9. What is the difference between Full-spectrum & Broad-spectrum CBD Oil?
- Full-spectrum CBD: Full-spectrum CBD contains small amounts of all components of the cannabis plant. That means it can have trace amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Whereas, Broad-spectrum CBD: This type of CBD does not contain THC. It does contain other components of the cannabis plant, though, so it won’t be 100-percent CBD alone.
10. Will I get Addicted to CBD?
- Answer to one of the most infamous myth about CBD is No. Because CBD doesn’t produce a high feeling, medical researchers believe there to be little or no chance for a person to become addicted to it or to misuse it.
11. Do I need a prescription? How do I get one?
- For topical CBD oils (application on skin) there is no prescription needed, they are OTC products. However, CBD oils which are to be consumed orally do need a prescription. You can consult your own physician for the same. Incase you don't have one, we have doctors on board with us who expertise in Cannabis studies and will give write you a prescription post an online consultation.
To know more about CBD & its benefits, click here.